“I get a lot of support from Armstrong. I can call up and ask a question, and if they can’t give me an answer, they’ll find someone to get me an answer quickly. The equipment I’m hauling around is in top shape. They have supplied me with new equipment and it’s a fair contract. Every job has its good days and bad days, but I’m getting out, driving down the road and getting to see the country in all different seasons and getting paid to do it.”
Jim Parker is a long-distance Driver who has been in the moving business since 1975 serving more than 4,000 customers in his tenure. Armstrong recognized Jim as the Van Operator of the Year in July 2014.
“Tonnage all year round is huge for us contractors. With Armstrong being such a big company with a giant wingspan, there’s so much opportunity for drivers anywhere you go. When I travel from city to city, I like to reconnect with my previous customers over dinner. You really make personal connections spending three or four days with families throughout their move. I have made a lot of friends across the industry. I really enjoy all the people…dispatchers, move coordinators, helpers…it would be impossible for me to leave this company.”
Cory started driving with Armstrong in 2006 and prior to that, worked as a helper for five years. Armstrong recognized Cory as a runner-up for Van Operator of the Year in July 2014.
“I spent almost 20 years driving for competitors in the industry, and having driven for Armstrong since 1993, I feel like I wasted those earlier years with the wrong company. Armstrong has great ownership and great operations personnel. The dispatchers don’t let grass grow under my feet! They give me the ability to stay busy 12 months of the year, not just during the peak season.”
Jerry Minor is a long-distance driver who has been in the moving business since 1974 serving thousands of customers in his tenure. United Van Lines recognized Jerry as the Driver of the Year in 2003, as have clients such as FedEx.
- "From packing, to moving out, to driving our household goods to MD, and unloading, everyone did an excellent job. Thank you!"
A.B., June 2015
- "Our move coordinator was very helpful and knowledgeable. She was constantly a resource for questions and direction. She called me regularly to make sure we felt comfortable with the process."
D.R., June 2015
- "Paul and Jeff handled our move from start to finish. They packed, loaded and delivered our household goods. Excellent representation of your company. They did a wonderful job!"
T.B., July 2015
- "We had very respectful and nice individuals that handled our move. They ask a little about you which creates more trust between both parties. The end result is a very smooth transition."
D.M., June 2015
- "Our packers were very professional, courteous and were a hard working team. They were very accommodating with our needs and time commitments and their personable personalities made the move less stressful. Our mover was also a very diligent, hard worker. He was very thorough and worked with us to get items placed where we needed it."
P.S., June 2015